Monday, March 12

Old White Chalk Paint


Happy Monday Morning Everyone!

To start off the week, I'll post a quick reveal of two new furniture items available at Country Antiques.  
*Disclaimer: PLEASE forgive photo quality.  Phone photos again...I know, bad habit*

It's been a while since I have posted a furniture makeover, although I have been working on a few pieces here and there...mostly for the new nursery.

So, I recently decided to try Annie Sloan Chalk Paint for the first time because...
a - I knew the paint fumes were safe for baby
b - I didn't want to drag our big secretary down the stairs and outside just to paint it
c - It doesn't require primer.  Awesome. 

After finishing our antique secretary (which I'll post about later),  I had leftover Old White and decided to use it to redo a few items to add to my inventory.  

First, I tackled an old farmhouse writing desk.  It was nasty.  Dirty.  Black. Spiderwebs.  Ick.  Here she is now:



 

I also made over a vintage nightstand.  The nightstand had a matching dresser, which I made over into a media console for our den.  This was the media console at Christmas Time:


I loved the blueish-gray on the media console, but I used the Old White on the nightstand.  I heavily distressed her with a couple different levels of sandpaper.   Here she was before:



And here she is now:




So far, I'm loving the chalk paint.  It does thicken up quickly, so adding water helps.  And final sanding is always a messy chore.  Tons of dust, but nothing too bad.  Isn't getting messy just a part of the process anyway?

Both of these pieces are available at County Antiques, along with a few other items I added this past weekend.  So, stop by if you can!

Have a fantastic day!  Make it great :)

xoxo
LeAnne

No comments:

Post a Comment