Thursday, March 3

Recent Happenings.


Hi everyone!  I've missed y'all!

So, in my absence from the blog world, there's been a lot going on around here at Mossy Rock!  I'll try to catch you up to speed...

I have decided to sell large furniture items locally only.  Shipping costs are so crazy right now.  I'm sure you've noticed.  Most people cannot afford to have a 100 lb bookcase shipped to their front door.  I totally get it.  So, I have taken a few items to a local consignment store here in Greenville called Southern Houspitality.  The ladies that work there are super sweet and I'm honored that they wanted my stash of goodies.  If you live local, check them out!

My husband and I are still in the middle of the big move.  The process of packing and hauling has consumed me over the past 2 weeks.  I cannot wait for this to be over!  
This was our first load of many:


My super-talented husband started building our outdoor living area up at Mossy Rock.  I am thrilled.  The plan includes a large cedar pergola with a stone fireplace and tin roof.  Did I already say I am thrilled?  Because I am thrilled.  I LOVE it.  

This was the first stage...building the rock walls.  It doesn't look like anything yet, but I promise it'll be rockin'.  I'll keep you posted on the progress.

 
This is the view from the outdoor living.  


This will also be the view from the kitchen window in our garage/apartment.  
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. 

Speaking of the apartment, I've been shopping, err, thrifting, for some furniture.  I must admit, it's a completely different change of pace to be shopping for myself instead of for something to re-do and re-sell.  I'm totally not complaining.
I purchased this antique carpenter's bench which will serve as our kitchen island.  I'm in love.  


I also purchased this super-fun and sparkly globe which I attached to a pendant to make a hanging lamp.  I plan on using it in our bathroom for just the right touch of glitz.  The most surprising part about the whole thing?  My husband loves it.  Which shocks me!


Also in our bathroom will be this antique shaker style cabinet as our sink console.  It's perfectly chippy and worn. All I did was clean  it up, seal it to protect the paint, and oil the wood plank top.  This piece came out of the old summer house at Mossy Rock.  I love that its been in the family for years.  And I love that its completely unexpected as a sink base.  Super thrilled about this too.


I picked up this handsome guy off the side of the curb.  Yes, you read that right.  The curb.  I got to it just before the garbage truck.  Good timing, right?  I was on my way to meet the guys at a job site to do some work and I made a quick u-turn as soon as I passed.  Oh.My.Word.  I CANNOT believe that someone tossed this.  It's beautiful.


I've also done a few re-dos here and there.








My new favorite stain is Limed Oak by Cabot, which I used on the bench, the frame, and the ottoman legs above.  I asked the lady at Lowes to add one drop of black paint to the mix, which made it just the perfect shade of grayish white.  If you like a beachy-worn look, this is the way to go!

I think that's about all for now.  Oh, one more thing....


I'm completely SOLD on this bedding for our new place.  I adore the mix of blues and grays and tans and whites and all the different textures and patterns.  Isn't it DREAMY??   

xoxo
LeAnne

5 comments:

  1. yes that color palette is great!

    I recently painted my living room gray was previously tan with yellow undertones... and it just didn't jive with my yellow kitchen. (you could see straight through from the front door both rooms) I was going to repaint the kitchen too. (I love a yellow kitchen)
    The tans in your picture above have hints of yellow too... Soothing on the eyes!
    after painting the living room-- I find that it compliments the kitchen color nicely.

    All of your purchases look nice! That center island is going to looks so great.
    As well as your outdoor space! Can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I cannot wait to see how you pull it all together. Love your "redouxs". Have a great week. -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've got some really great looking pieces there, LeAnne. And I'm impressed with your redos.

    I have a weekly linky party that I would love for you to join. You can pretty much link any "family-friendly" project to it. Come check it out.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog through one of the redo blogs {which listed your amazing bookshelf} and I love your projects - especially since my family lives in the upstate so I'm within "purchasing range!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your stone walls!!
    and Dan and I are both coveting your workbench/kitchen island!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete