Tuesday, February 1

~*Chair Reveal *~


Remember this guy?


Well he's all finished and sittin' pretty.












It's going to be extremely difficult for me to let this one go.  Not just because of the piece itself, but for the sentimental value.   I'd like to think that maybe this chair is what SOLD OUR HOUSE.  Yes, I finally said it.  Our house is sold.  After years of waiting and praying, we are FINALLY moving on up to our property at "Mossy Rock." We have been trying to sell our house for almost 3 years now.  Three years.  The very first and only offer we ever received came along with a signed contract and came 2 days after I finished this chair and had it displayed in our home.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  I don't really know.  But like I said, this chair has a lot of sentimental value for me.  

We're ecstatic.  We finally get to start building our dream home...beginning with a small garage apartment in which we will live for as long as we can stand it.  I'll be sharing this journey with you guys as we plug along...all the ups and downs and accomplishments and mistakes.  How to live in a tiny space and make it work.  How to turn a piece of junk furniture into a master bath sink console.  How to save money on hardwood flooring.  How to go from three huge master closets to barely one/basically none.  How to build a house with your husband and stay married through the process.  :)  Ha!  Only kidding.  It's going to be super fun and super challenging and hopefully super inspiring as well.  I can't wait!

But back to the chair....I did promise my neighbor some of the profits from the sale {if it sells}.  It is, after all, HIS chair...technically.  So I won't be keeping it.  Sad. 

But I really enjoyed the process of making it over and giving it a new life.  It was all worth it.  

xo
LeAnne
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/



Copy Me Challenge

17 comments:

  1. LeAnne, the chair looks amazing! I found your blog through Miss Mustard Seed and I have loved following for the past few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE. IT. Congrats on getting the chance to build your dream home! I've been mentally planning ours for a year now, can't wait for the time to be right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in so love with that chair and especially the paint finish! Love it! What a transformation. Wow! HUGE congratulations on selling your home. I think it was the chair and the prayers. The chair was part of the prayers! So looking forward to the building posts. Love that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that rocker was a 'HE' ...I could tell the way he wears that FINE NEW double breasted vest!

    Such a handsome chair.
    You did a really good job.
    Congrats on the house selling. I can't wait to see what you can share with us about downsizing and only living with the bare essentials... in a small place.
    I'm intrigued.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...He is beautiful (hmmm, is that genetically correct?) I love it...wouldn't mind having it myself...too bad you can't keep it. At least Barley will have room to roam in your new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish i could find something like this, it's stunning, love the way you refinished it. thanks for linking to my party at type A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Mossy....
    Congrats on sellng your house and "movin' on up"!
    And your chair is deeeevine.

    Have a great rest of the week....
    Cheryl & the Columbus Dispatch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LeAnne, your chair is so gorgeous! I love the finish and the fabric and trim. It is perfect and I would want to keep it too. Congratulations on finally selling your house and good luck with your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a fantastic job! I love the color.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you through Coastal Charm...this chair is perfection! I'm working on a caned set (settee, sitting chair and rocking chair) right now but hadn't yet decided on a color. That greenish-grey looks superb! And do I see a little bit of crackling on the feet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's AMAZING. You have such talent! I love how it turned out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found you through A Little Knick Knack. Your stuff is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!
    Just found you trough little Knick knack. I have looked trough your whole blog. i ejoyed it so much. You are very skilled. The chair, well you just saved my day. I am working on some furiture that is given me grey hairs, was not shure how to distress them, or rather what I wanted. Congrats with your house sale. Your mossy rock lot looks amazing. I cant wait to se how the build will progress and your further redos and work wll be.
    Hugs from Norway.:)
    Line-Cathrin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this chair! I'm following along. Can't wait to discover more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is an AMAZING transformation! I absolutely love that chair and all your junky revivals!

    ReplyDelete