Wednesday, January 12

Reclaimed Lamp with Jute Shade

2 projects completed today!  It's amazing how productive I become when the rest of the world is quiet.  I LOVE winter!

To be completely honest, this project was a complete FAIL the first time around.  My attempt at a burlap lampshade turned into disaster.  I must confess that I am super envious of all you DIY'ers out there who have been successful at creating something so beautiful out of burlap.  You guys have serious talent!  Me, on the other hand, my attempt looked like a kindergarten project gone all wrong.  

That's okay though.  I started over.  And since I didn't really have the opportunity to go shopping somewhere to find some other material to work with, I decided to take a little shopping trip around my own garage...  

Jute rope?  Sure!  Why not?  I had already messed it up once, what's once more?

Except, much to my surprise, it actually worked!  I'm super happy.  SMILE.

Before:


During:


After:










{This creation will be added to the Etsy shop soon.  I just want to enjoy it for a day or two first.

I hope all of you are having a fantastic day and I hope all my blogger friends up the coast got the snow they were hoping for!  I did try to blow some your way :)

xoxo
LeAnne

Happily Linking To:

WhisperWood Cottage
freckled laundry504 Main







7 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! What a great idea!!! Somehow I don't think mine would turn out this good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I did this recently with some wine bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you for linking with air your laundry Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous...I love jute and I have a lampshade in need of MAJOR help!

    ReplyDelete