Friday, January 7

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?






First thing.  I know I have been MIA for a few weeks.  Kinda crazy how one day turns into two and then two turns into a week and before you know it's been almost an entire month since you've logged into the blog.  I'm so sorry to anyone out there who maybe wondered where I disappeared to.  Thank you for remaining loyal and still following, even though I've been completely slack.  With Christmas {a WHITE one!}, New Years, travel, work, sickness, etc etc etc....it's been a struggle to get back here.  But I have missed it {and you} terribly and am ready to play catch up.  Game on!

Regardless of my neglect to the blog, I have been spending a good bit of time in the garage, working up a storm on a few projects.  Can't wait to share them with you!  For today, I'll start off with a simple one.  I saw something similar months ago on another blog {i really wish i could remember where so i could give her credit}.  Anyway, the project was oh-so-clever and easy-peasy.  I love clever and easy-peasy.  I also love unique.  And this is all three.

Okay, so my {FOUND} object was an antique potato basket.  I wanted to do something a bit more unexpected with it....other than the obvious.  I pulled out my NEW Dremel {thanks sis} and started to play!  The goal was to cut a centered hole into the bottom of the basket.  I had to go full speed with the Dremel, but it worked like a charm.  







The metal was THICK!

The hole had to be cut just the right size to attach a pendant light.



 
Once it fits and is centered, it's practically finished!  All there is left to do is attach the light bulb.

I imagine you could use all sorts of found objects for this project.  In fact, I have about 10 more in line behind this one.  No more potato baskets, but among the same family of "really old kitchen stuff."



 
It almost reminds me of something you would see in an old school jail cell.  Very industrial and minimalist.  How cool will the shadows be that this thing casts onto the walls?  Since it's going straight to the Etsy store, you'll have to use your imaginations to visualize it actually hanging from a ceiling.  But you get the idea.

That's it for today.  I have a ton of reading to do!

xoxo
LeAnne 

2 comments:

  1. Hi LeAnne, Welcome back and Happy New Year! I love this project! You have inspired me now and I am going to be on the lookout for some old things to turn into minimalist, industrial lights like your unique creation.
    hugs,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete