Tuesday, December 7

Faith Matters.

Faith plays a huge role in my life...faith in my God and His story, faith in my family and my friends, faith in myself and my work, faith in the future, faith in the present...I could go on and on.  With no faith, I don't know that I could make it through one day {or even one minute}.

So, because of that, I have a little extra love for this project. You'll see why...

It started like this:


A primitive box.  Simple.  Plain.  Perfect for displaying a collection of mason jars, books, candles, decor, etc.

But I didn't love its condition and I felt that it needed a bit of softening.

So, once again, I used a whitewash treatment.  First I had to sand it down {A LOT} and I stripped off some of the stain with a 50/50 mix of acetone and denatured alcohol.  It is a super messy process, but it works!  Promise!  Just be sure to wear gloves and use steel wool.

After the whitewash treatment, I sanded again and finished off with wax.  As the last step, I used stencils and a sponge to paint on the chocolate-colored letters.

I'm ecstatic with the way she turned out.  Such a simple reminder of everything that is most important.

I think she will be so lovely on display in someones home.  I'm thinking a holiday mantel...Or under a kitchen window with potted herbs...Or in a bathroom holding soaps and towels. 







What do you think?  If you had a special box, what would you write on the front?

xo
LeAnne
Linking To:
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/Visit thecsiproject.com
 

7 comments:

  1. that turned out so nicely and is so special. you do such great finishes!
    if i had a box of my own that i wanted to be special, it would just say...
    "wake up happy". i think happiness is a choice and you have to wake up every day and want it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really transformed this piece, that whitewash finish is really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a special piece and the saying is perfect!

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! I have a similar box but not quite as long. When you say white wash treatment do you mean like a dry brush? The stenciling is great too, looks softly done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LeAnne, you do such a great job white washing! It looks so authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful. You did an excellent job on making it even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete