Friday, December 3

A Burlap and Cream Christmas

Somewhere in the midst of this crazy week, I found the opportunity to finish the mantel and the dining table centerpiece.  I wish I had more to share today, but this is all I've got.  Maybe I'll have something a bit more interesting after the weekend is over.  I'm super excited to have some girlfriends coming over on Sunday to make more Christmas Signs.  Can't wait to see what they come up with!

So, I have fallen in love with the burlap, cream and white theme that has been all over blogland this season.  Typically, our home is decked out with every Christmas color and ornament imaginable.  This year, I wanted to try something a bit different and more natural.  

For the centerpiece, I used one of my antique boxes and layered it with some up-cycled gift packaging from last year.  I used the same mason jars from my Thanksgiving centerpiece, although I  filled them with pine cones this time.  I covered 3 candles with burlap and ribbon and stuffed a little sprig of the Christmas tree in each.  The glass candle holders were a STEAL at Hobby Lobby {I think they were 50% off.}
{I got the idea for the burlap wrap from Kathleen over at Between Blue and Yellow.  She did a great tutorial on covering a glass vase.  Thanks Kathleen!} 




I finally got around to making my coffee filter wreath.  FYI....I didn't want to spend money {I'm cheap} on anymore filters, so I used whatever I found in our pantry...three different kinds.  I wasn't sure if it would work or not, but I think it turned out decent.  I did use some cone filters, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone because they were very difficult to work with!


I made a quick and easy burlap cover for the top of the mantel.  Hot glue and scissors.  Simple!
The cherub angels were another steal.  Someones tossed away "junk" became my treasure!  I love it when that happens.  :)  The tin piece on the right I added just for kicks.  I thought it matched the color scheme.

 

The flower arrangement in the copper pot is my wedding bouquet.
{its been hanging around for 4+ years so far}
 

Daytime view:


Night view:


My husband made the comment that our mantel is really "girly" this year, which I can't disagree with.  {He despises all things "ruffly."  He also despises women's flats and reminds me of this every time I wear them.  Boys!}  He is, however, being a really good sport about it and let me do my "girly" mantel without any complaints.  Isn't that sweet?  The tree may be a different story...he's kind of thinking Charlie Brown Christmas.  It's all about the compromise!

Have a fantastic Friday!!

xoxo
LeAnne

Linking To:

freckled laundry




southern hospitality
A Little Knick Knack

15 comments:

  1. Your home looks lovely, I'm so in love with burlap right now! Also, your pics are very fuzzy, not sure if you do that on purpose or just my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi guys! thanks to kathleen for letting me know about the fuzzy photos. i can't tell from my computer {i've tested in both firefox and ie}, so i'm trying to figure out what's going on. if everyone else sees fuzzy as well, will you please let me know? i may need to re-post the photos in higher quality. thanks! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything I see! The pine cones in the jars, the burlap, the greenery, and I'm a huge huge fan of coffee filter wreaths. I found your blog through Remodelaholic....I'm your newest follower!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! Even though I like bright colors, I'm bringing in a lot of the natural elements in my home too. I have yet to make the coffee filter wreath. Yours is beautiful!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful! I am doing a lot of burlap myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. I'm liking all the browns and creams, they are yummy. BTW, I became a follower a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Burlap is the bestest! And I love the natural elements of your decorating. P.S.--The photos look like they taken with soft focus on my computer. They aren't blurry per se, more dream-like, which I think is neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors! Your mantel is wonderful. And you can't beat white lights at Christmas time. There are so simple but so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your decor looks so great! love it! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful....the colors are soothing and festive and perfect :) Love all the natural textures and simple beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love the sign. I may have to copy! What a great mantle. It's just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    Hope you can join my stocking stuffer giveaway going on now!
    http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/2010/12/giveaway-with-path-less-traveled.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coffee filter wreath turned out beautiful! They are addictive to make. The whole mantel looks so relaxed and gorgeous!

    xx,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mantel looks so pretty. I love burlap and white anything. Have fun with your friends...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is gorgeous!I'm your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful LeAnne! {Love} it. Thank you so much for linking to air your laundry Friday!

    xoxo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete