Thursday, November 25

Thankful.




So, my "real" job, or my "8-5" job, is working for my husband's landscaping company.  I love every minute of my work with him and am so fortunate to have a job that keeps me active, outdoors, creative, and on my toes.  But it also wears me out.  So today I'm especially thankful for a day of relaxation!

This junking thing is simply a hobby {obsession maybe is a better word?}  However, even during my "real" work, the thought of re-purposing and re-storing found objects never leaves my mind!  Earlier this week, while we were cleaning up and doing this...


...I came across some goodies...

like these dried berries which were headed for the burn pile:


and this truck load of old tin.  gorgeous!


and this antique liquor bottle, which will get a good cleaning and be added to my collection of old jars:


So what does all this have to do with Thanksgiving?  Well this morning, while creating a centerpiece for our Thanksgiving table, I used some of these findings as well as some other natural items to make this:







Completely re-purposed and FREE :)

Don't you love that word?

So, Happy Thanksgiving to all of my blog friends, who love to re-purpose right along with me.  I wish you a day filled with  love, joy, reflection, family, friends, and thankfulness.

And before I go, the most important part of this post...

I am thankful for:

*A Father who loves me unconditionally and created me for a specific purpose in this world.  I am thankful for his forgiveness and sacrifice, two things that I take for granted too often, but He loves me anyway.
*For family and friends and their encouragement, support, inspiration, and love.
*For a husband who laughs with me, cries with me, grows with me, and again, loves me unconditionally.
*For my new blog friends, all your visits, sweet comments, and companionship.
*For my Barley Boy, the best Christmas present ever.
*For my health and the physical ability to do what I love.
*For an eternal home where I will celebrate and give thanks to the One who has given me all of the above and more.

I'll be signing off for a few days {a long weekend nestled away in a cabin in the woods with family}, but I look forward to meeting up again next week.

xoxo
LeAnne

Linking To:

The DIY Show Off

5 comments:

  1. Coming by to wish you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING...hope you have a wonderful day!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving LeAnne! I love your natural and rustic centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne, I don't know if I have told you this recently, but you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! My favorite decor is free and nature-inspired! ;)

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Enjoy the weekend!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your re purposed items and the way you pulled them all together in an arrangement! great job!

    I especially love your "thankful list"....I am so excited that you are a sisterin Christ and your words about Him, and your relationship to Him are awesome!

    have a great day!

    xo

    ReplyDelete