Friday, November 19

Side Tables Made-Over

Earlier this week, I gave you a little sneak peak.  Today, I'll follow up with the big reveal!

What started as outdated and awkward, became something a little more...well...I can't quite place the right word on it.  Beachy?  Shabby Chic?  Country Cottage?  

Nevertheless, I'm super excited about the way they both turned out.  It was a sad moment when I covered up all the original craftsmanship with primer and paint.  Truly, these were made by someone with some serious woodworking skills.  The details were pretty admirable.  But I just couldn't leave them in their sad state of "super-glossy bad stain job old-fashioned-ness."  No, these guys wanted to be pretty again.















So, what do you think?  Would you have left them they way they were?

xoxo
LeAnne

Linking to:
Furniture Feature Fridays













6 comments:

  1. Your tables turned out stunning! I love the color combinations that you used. Looks great!

    My aunt in uncle live near Clemson, S. Carolina. You live in a gorgeous state!

    I'm your newest follower! Happy blogging...
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant aunt and uncle... lol! It's early here :)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job on these! They look so much nicer your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I would love for you to come link this up at my Strut Your Stuff Party, and enter the giveaway as well!
    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/strut-your-stuff-link-party-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are gorgeous, too! love the designs on the table tops!

    ReplyDelete