Monday, October 25

Repurposing a Junk Window. Part Two.

For my second window project, I followed all the initial steps as the jewelry organizer, except I left the glass attached this time.  You can read that post here.

I wanted to try something a little different and attempt to make a memo board.  Lately, I have been super obsessed with chalkboard paint, so why not continue?  I also used cork board {which I spray painted and cut to size}, some decorative jute ribbon, and a package of push pins. 


I painted the chalkboard paint directly onto the window panes....three coats.  If you use chalkboard paint, be sure to let the paint completely dry between coats.  I learned the hard way!

I added a few spare buttons in the corners to cover the ends of the jute ribbon.  {who says buttons have to be used for clothes??}

Here is the finished result:







This one is a gift for someone special, but I will definitely be making another one for myself!

Well, that's all for today.  The rainy morning is over so now it's back to work. Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo LeAnne

No comments:

Post a Comment