Monday, October 11

In The Beginning

In the beginning, there was an old table that needed a lot of love and a girl who wanted to piddle around with a sander and a sample of green paint.  No plan, little motivation, and no clue. That table sat untouched for close to a year. Pitiful.

Then something clicked. And in the course of a year, one little table has turned into ten, plus some.

You see, this kind of came out of nowhere. I never would have thought that this is what I would choose to spend my time obsessing over. Yoga, maybe. Playing with my puppy, more likely.  Cleaning house, definitely. But making over junk furniture? Really? Surprise! I'm glad God knows me better than I know myself. And I'm glad he finally let me in on his secret.

The reality is that I love this. I have a passion to make beautiful what someone else has tossed away. I want to give a new purpose to something tattered. I choose to reuse what's been around for a hundred years. I have so many projects going on inside my garage {and inside my head} that I'm driving my husband crazy.

But now I'm running out of room. I can't fit anything else into my house or my garage. Yet, I can't quit now because I'm just getting started. So, now I'm trying to figure out the next step. Well, not really trying to figure it out...just stepping one foot at a time and going with it....whatever it is.
I just thought I'd share the journey and my thoughts....so I'm starting a blog.

PS - As for that first green table, it found a home on our front porch.  It's still a little pitiful, but it reminds me of where I started.  I'm so glad I never gave up.


And here's a little preview of what's to come...




xo LeAnne

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your blog. Your photos are beautiful. Welcome to blog land, sweetie!

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jami - So glad you found me! Thanks so much for checking it out. I was so excited to wake up this morning and see 3 followers! Can't wait to read updates from your world :)

    ReplyDelete